Denim Vest- LF with painting by Joey, Cutoffs- Self Made, Boots- Steve Madden, Hair Wraps- My Mommy, Bullet Necklace- Self Made, Bracelets- F21
I don't feel like writing a novel at the moment (unusual, eh?), but I definitely feel like I can handle a few bullet points. So. Let's do this.
- Regarding the denim vest: husband Joey doesn't like to brag about his artistic ability, so I shall do the bragging for him. Because of my obsession with all things Peter Max, I basically asked Joey to copy Max's "Closer to God", but with even more neon. Also, a bunch of planets cause planets are cool as shit. So on Saturday Joey sat down and knocked this thing out in about four hours. Pretty impressive, right?
- Mom and I are super into hair wraps and basically anything hair wrap-related at the moment, so if you were kinda squinting at your desktop like, "huh? What's in her hair?", that would be it. I wish my hair were thicker because I'd like to have some really thick dread-wrap type junk going on.
- I don't think I've worn the above shorts on the blog yet, but in real life they've become my #1 wardrobe staple. It's pretty amazing what you can accomplish with $1 thrift denim and some purple RIT dye. Actually, we've been going bonkers with RIT in general around here, along with about thirty other projects. Then there's all the (future) home projects I've got floating around in my brain.
- I turn 25 next week, which for some reason seems way older than 24. Maybe cause it coincides with us FINALLY buying our own place (don't want to jinx this, but it looks like we've found exactly what we wanted- like, beyond our wildest dreams what we wanted).
- Casey (www.beautyandtheecstasy.blogspot.com), my mom and I are heading down to Miami next week for a bit of a 25th birthday celebration. Yay! Expect a lot of "beachy" twinsies photos. Minus the obligatory tan with me. I freckle, which is nice, but that's about it. Speaking of twinsies, head on over to Casey's blog soon cause the dress she's wearing in the last picture is seriously perfect. Except for the fact that I'm a giant so it's way too short for me, hence no borrowing.
- Taylor (www.thingsonhangers.com) is selling me her AMAZINGLY creepy "face" handbag, so you people are gonna get to see a LOT of that highly divisive piece of vintage wonderment. If I could have any handbag ever available, I think I'd still pick the face bag. You're gonna regret selling this one so so bad, Taylor. But don't reconsider. Please.
- Random: I've been really into "quotable quotes" recently. Feel free to share a favorite, if you're so inclined.