7.20.2011

Peter Max Homage






Denim Vest- LF with painting by Joey, Cutoffs- Self Made, Boots- Steve Madden, Hair Wraps- My Mommy, Bullet Necklace- Self Made, Bracelets- F21

I don't feel like writing a novel at the moment (unusual, eh?), but I definitely feel like I can handle a few bullet points. So. Let's do this.

- Regarding the denim vest: husband Joey doesn't like to brag about his artistic ability, so I shall do the bragging for him. Because of my obsession with all things Peter Max, I basically asked Joey to copy Max's "Closer to God", but with even more neon. Also, a bunch of planets cause planets are cool as shit. So on Saturday Joey sat down and knocked this thing out in about four hours. Pretty impressive, right?

- Mom and I are super into hair wraps and basically anything hair wrap-related at the moment, so if you were kinda squinting at your desktop like, "huh? What's in her hair?", that would be it. I wish my hair were thicker because I'd like to have some really thick dread-wrap type junk going on. 

- I don't think I've worn the above shorts on the blog yet, but in real life they've become my #1 wardrobe staple. It's pretty amazing what you can accomplish with $1 thrift denim and some purple RIT dye. Actually, we've been going bonkers with RIT in general around here, along with about thirty other projects. Then there's all the (future) home projects I've got floating around in my brain. 

- I turn 25 next week, which for some reason seems way older than 24. Maybe cause it coincides with us FINALLY buying our own place (don't want to jinx this, but it looks like we've found exactly what we wanted- like, beyond our wildest dreams what we wanted).

- Casey (www.beautyandtheecstasy.blogspot.com), my mom and I are heading down to Miami next week for a bit of a 25th birthday celebration. Yay! Expect a lot of "beachy" twinsies photos. Minus the obligatory tan with me. I freckle, which is nice, but that's about it. Speaking of twinsies, head on over to Casey's blog soon cause the dress she's wearing in the last picture is seriously perfect. Except for the fact that I'm a giant so it's way too short for me, hence no borrowing.  

- Taylor (www.thingsonhangers.com) is selling me her AMAZINGLY creepy "face" handbag, so you people are gonna get to see a LOT of that highly divisive piece of vintage wonderment. If I could have any handbag ever available, I think I'd still pick the face bag. You're gonna regret selling this one so so bad, Taylor. But don't reconsider. Please. 

- Random: I've been really into "quotable quotes" recently. Feel free to share a favorite, if you're so inclined. 

25 comments:

  1. Highlights magazine-my little pony-lord of the rings elvish princess-mermaid goddess to the MAX. The hair wraps are rad and that vest is killin it more than a 90s velvet painting you'd find next to my bed above the lava lamp. Helllllll yes.

    "WAS UP WITH ALL THESE CHICKS WEARING FEATHERS IN THEIR HAIR?? YALL GONA START ADDIN MORE N MORE N U GONA LOOK LIKE FUCKN PEACOCKS??" -Lil Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing as always doll those shorts are fierce might have to mess around with some dye myself. Loving the hair wraps and how awesome is the back of your vest xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to do something new with my hair and those hair wraps look awesome, I'll have to try them out.
    Also, your husband is crazy artistic!
    "Be a first rate version of yourself than a second rate version of somebody else"

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a great vest!!and your hair wraps are also really cool!!
    i wish you a good party in miami next week!!great! i'm really jelous i wish i were in miami too..
    good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that "face" bag. I am so jelous you got it!

    Your husband is really talented. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beck of your vest is incredible and the hair wraps look really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're pretty serious. Love this outfit.


    www.shevahh.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Joey did a really awesome job with your vest. I mean I could see that vest in shops and I bet it would easily sell out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I was in LA the other week, we decided we needed to break into this apartment complex pool. So we needed a code to get from the pool to the elevator, and magically, on the second floor, this girl steps on the elevator and she looks SO FUCKING MIAMI. Like... long black extensions, corset belt thing, tight black elastic pants... etc. Anyway, the guy I was with was like, "Hey... we're visiting a friend and she forgot to give us the pool code," and so this girl types it in for us. And then, being nice, he asks her if she's "Going to join us," at the pool. She exclaims, so proudly, "I WISH!!! I've got an hour to get my hair done, get my nails done and CATCH A FLIGHT TO MIAMI." Wtf. Ok... random. Miami is fun, you will have to go to the pool at the Bellagio. Biggest pool EVER. Also, if you ever watch Intervention, watch the episode of the girl who is a trainer on South Beach and also an alcoholic. Quality programming. She was one of the few ones who doesn't accept the Intervention.

    I bought some Levi's to dye purple. Is it easy? I'm so bad at DIY's. You are amazing. Those shorts are amazing, your hair is amazing... I could keep going. And I can't wait to see you post with the face bag, I'm gonna ship all that stuff for you most likely tomorrow but if not then Saturday for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is too much amazing here to even properly comment! Okay, that vest is blowing my mind, so go Joey. And your hair! Jeez, I need. Also, we are boot twins, and yes, probably brain twins.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the vest, love the diy shorts and friendship bracelets. I'm turning 25 Sunday and I certainly don't FEEL 25... weird

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES to hairwraps! Oh lord YES. I've been talking to people about these so much recently, even convinced a guy friend to let me and another friend of ours put one in his hair! I haven't taken the plunge yet myself, but I'm close! I had some pretty badass ones back when I was about 12, and I think it's high time to relive that glory.

    Your outfit here is KILLER by the way!

    xo
    ZK
    www.glitter-and-ink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. "marriage is about hiding in the kudzu behind your apartment, and not going in until the lights are completely out."

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking like perfection, as usual. Hair wraps are so genius and I am still amazed by that damn vest!! Love you soo much and can't wait for Miami!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is just the best top, love the psychedelic-ness of the print on the back. perfect outfit and i like your friends style too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love it!! SO NICE


    Love,
    www.chicksinfeathers.co.cc

    ReplyDelete
  17. by the way, i have a new give away


    http://nita-karoliina.blogspot.com/2011/07/give-away-change-to-win-hydra-full-lip.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey! Check your email! I emailed you to make sure that Joey's shipping address is the correct one you want to be shipped to, cause I knew you guys had moved a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the colors! That's what's so different about you, not afraid to wear colors and non blogger-ish things, i love your uniqueness!

    xoxo Despite color

    ReplyDelete
  20. lmao at joey's quote. i like the hairwrap idea. why not go for a dreadlock or two (since you mentioned them)?

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad I stumbled upon your blog! Thanks for the killer inspiration.

    www.sugarcoatedstyle.com

    ☮ Lisa Ann

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, this denim jacket is sooo cool!
    www.thefashionistaswardrobe.blogspot.com for more:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so cool. Love your style!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. your blog is inspiring

    ReplyDelete