Skirt- Vintage, Swiss Dot Tie Blouse- Mom's Closet, Little Cat Necklace- Vintage, Earrings- Free People, Spike Bracelet- F21, Multicolored Gem Bracelet- Grandma's, Pearls- Mom's Closet, Lock Bangle- Vintage, Blue Stone Ring- Casey's Closet
So I actually hadn't planned on posting today, but upon showing my mom the AMAZING new poodle-esque vintage skirt pictured above, she brought out the nice heirloom-type jewelry and decided to play Tuesday Morning Stylist! If you're one of the lucky few who know my mother, you understand how amazing a garment (Bah! Hate that word!) must be to pique her interest. And come on, this skirt is FLAMAZING. Ok, bullet point time. This little outline format phase I've been going through is nice...probably less terrifying for you guys to slog through.
- Regarding the skirt: I speak zero French, but apparently the writing is something like "He loves me, he loves me not." Which is just beyond adorable...look at those flower petals! Who didn't play that game as a child? I can't get over the gorgeousness of every little stitch, button, and rhinestone on this thing. Even the red lining is perfect. I doubt "the flower skirt" (I tend to give my clothing handy nicknames) is gonna be hanging out at too many bars or music festivals any time soon. I keep thinking it's gonna like, fall apart if I touch it the wrong way...nope, not used to having such nice things.
- How cool is the multicolored stone bracelet my mom let me wear? It belonged to my Grandmother, who was such an amazing person (I know it's cliche to drone on and on about the greatness of one's grandparents, but there was literally nothing cliche about Grandma)...she passed away before I graduated high school, and I'd do anything for her to have met Joey. Like my mom, she was hilarious, sarcastic, and completely (refreshingly) herself. I just now decided that after my upcoming "Personal Style Icon" post (Ethan...again...my little brother is unendingly inspiring), I'm gonna do one on Grandma. I already have like ten photos in mind (Mom! Start tracking them down!).
- See that little Mogwai creature in the last photo? She's actually a Persian cat named Liza Minnelli. Liza has only one tooth left, partially because she is older than you (whoever you are), and partially because most of her life was horribly difficult. Because of her tininess (4 pounds!), she was stuck in a cage and forced to give birth to litter after litter of equally tiny kittens- gotta have more fodder for the "tiny animals" craze! Because 'Mericans need their cats and dogs TEACUP sized, OK? I mean, who gives a fuck about the health of the animal? Just keep cranking out those tiny pets!
- I saw Bad Teacher this evening, and whoaa...bad film. BAD FILM. Joey and I walked out after about an hour, and, uhhh, maybe the last part was soooo unbelievably amazing it made up for...nahhh. I bet it didn't. And now I don't want to write anything else about that waste of celluloid.
- I recently bought a pair of white silky pants at a thrift store here in big D (Dallas, come on people!), and just noticed that they happen to be vintage Emanuel Ungaro. Awesome surprise, eh? I was wondering why they seemed so nicely made.
- One last thing I can't keep from mentioning. When you remove an utterly toxic person from your life, it's sorta like losing twenty pounds. I feel like I just lost about forty. THAT is how unbelievably awful it was to walk around knowing a certain female. Earlier this evening, Joey asked me, "So what's the latest with ( )?". I smiled to myself, realizing that I don't have to care anymore. And realizing I don't have to care anymore was sorta like noticing my thrifted pants were Ungaro. Or listening to my little brother give a beautifully-reasoned political argument. Or giggling like a maniac at something hilarious Casey says. I know this whole freaking post is getting sappy to the point of "ok, what varietal did she smoke and how can I get some?", but dude- sometimes the calm after the storm is so blissfully calm that you can't help but get a bit earnest.
*Sorry I have been such a terrible comment-returner/blog-reader the last couple weeks! I promise to stop with the laziness!