Mini Dress- Darling (ASOS), Cable Knit Cardi- Wilfred (Aritzia), Brogues- Steve Madden, Rosary- Aldo, Three Stone and Armor Rings- Free People, Crystal Ring- Ylang23, Bracelets- Vintage
Joey got pretty artistic on the last photo (new iMac) while I was at work. I can't decide if it's terrifying, beautiful, or both.
Anyway, I have been tagged by Mimi from Aesthetic Lounge to share seven facts about myself. Prepare for some rambling.
- That was a perfect segue, because here's number one: I am an inveterate rambler. Talking, writing, leaving phone messages, text messages- a cattle prod is necessary to get me to the actual point. My youngest brother, Griffen, is the exact same way. Imagine our family dinners.
- I got married very young (barely 22!) but don't regret it at all. Joey is perfect for me. Oh, and we had the wedding to end all weddings. The word "bacchanalia" comes to mind.
- Last summer I had quite the adventure when Joey and I traveled to Fukuoka, Japan for a wedding. He lived there for a while, (fluent speaker!), and made some of the most amazing friends. I want to go back so badly, and visit Tokyo this time!
- I was a pretty serious Ballet dancer growing up. Sometimes I still miss it, a sixteen year project is hard to let go of.
- My favorite song has always been and always will be "Whiter Shade of Pale" by Procul Harum. Actually, I really only care about three other bands/artists: The Velvet Underground, Cat Stevens/Yusef Islam, and Bob Dylan.
- Our two cats are like babies to us. They each came out of quite mystical situations, and I am completely convinced they can understand everything we say. Their names are Boss Tweed and The Victorious General Sherman.
- I am obsessed with history in general, but Australian history makes me cry (there is so much pathos and heroism), and I am endlessly fascinated by women like Zelda Fitzgerald and Gertrude Stein (The Jazz Age isn't just pretty fringe dresses). Learning about the past brought the realization that organized religion will never work for me. It's so much kinder and cleaner just to love.
I warned you I ramble. Well, if you've been reading my blog for a while then you already know that I suppose. But I bet you didn't know that I can be cornier than hell.
I guess I need to tag someone, so Taylor(www.thingsonhangers.com), you're it! I need seven fascinating facts about you, stat.